There are two ways to register Fi Nano - registering on behalf of your owners via our website, or allowing your owners to register themselves. This is for registering on behalf of your owners, if your owners will be registering themselves, please see here: How to Tell Your Owners to Register Their Own Fi Nano. It is very important to us that all microchips that get inserted, are also registered, so that Nanos are as effective as possible in getting pets back to their owners!
REMINDER: the chips are already registered to the rescue/vet/breeder’s information, so there is no need to re-register the organization’s information under owner details. The Owner Contact Information section is strictly for the NEW owner of the pet.
On a Desktop or Mobile Browser
Logging In And Accessing Your Chips
- Head to nano.tryfi.com and log in with your email and password.
- If you are using mobile: scan the QR code and log in on your mobile browser - this should take you right to the chip you scanned.
- The email address associated with your account will be the email address to which you received information about your Fi Nano Application. Please search your email accounts for email@example.com or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help identifying which email address your account is under.
- Click on "Manage Chips" in the top right.
- You will see three chip categories:
- Stock: these are chips that are not yet registered to an owner and are still controllable by the rescue/vet/breeder. A chip in the stock category can be registered to only a pet if they do not yet have an owner. These chips can be edited by the rescue/vet/breeder.
- Active: these are chips that are registered to owners - the rescue/vet/breeder is a contact on these chips, but ONLY the owner can edit the chip information (but can not touch the rescue/vet/breeder registration information). This chip’s information will always be visible and registered to the rescue/vet/breeder, even if it changes hands to another owner.
- Review: these are chips that require approval for the addition of owner details; an owner has registered the chip themselves, the rescue/vet/breeder must approve the registration.
- If you are registering a Fi Nano microchip: you can click on any of the chips in the list, OR type in the 15 digit OR 6 digit code as shown on the yellow card that comes with the chip in the search bar. This will take you into the chip’s registration page.
- If you are registering a non-Fi chip: How To Register a Non-Fi Nano Microchip.
- First step is to fill out the pet information - ALL the fields must be filled out to proceed (for example, if you don’t know the birthday or the pet has a temporary name, an approximation is fine - the owner will be able to edit any information once they are registered on the chip).
- If the pet does not yet have an owner, click “Save Pet and Exit.” This chip will still show up in your Stock list. You will still be able to edit the pet information.
- Once the pet has an owner, go back into the chip, click Edit, and complete the owner registration as described below.
- TIP: we recommend assigning a chip to a pet as soon as it’s inserted so you can manage it digitally!
- If the pet has an owner, click “Proceed to Owner Details.” AT LEAST the name and primary email must be filled out; since the rescue/vet/breeder is already on as a contact and cannot be removed, there is no need to enter the rescue/vet/breeder contact in the secondary - that can be left for the owner!
- Once you submit the owner details, the chip will now show up in your Active stock, and you will no longer be able to edit the information.
- The owner also will receive an email about a Nano being assigned to them, and they will be able to log in at nano.tryfi.com to view and edit their information.
- REMINDER: the owner will never be able to remove or edit the rescue/vet/breeder information.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.