Approximately 50% of microchips injected will not help get a pet home because they are improperly registered, or not registered at all. We’ve opened up our database to accept any brand microchip, so that any pet owner can have access to free microchip registration for life. Fi will show up as the most recently updated registration on petmicrochiplookup.org.
TIP: to register a non-Fi Nano microchip, a pet owner must have the chip transferred to them via the database by a rescue/vet/breeder. They are not able to register a non-Fi microchip on our database on their own at this time.
TIP: if you have leftover microchip stock, receive a donation of microchips, receive a dog that is already microchipped, or any other situation, we highly recommend registering them on our database for centralized access to all of your pet’s chips.
- Go to nano.tryfi.com and log in with your email and password - see here for reference if needed: Logging In, Accessing Your Chips, and Completing Owner Registration
- Click into Manage Chips, and you’ll see a search bar above the three chip categories.
- Click into the search bar, and enter the non-Fi Nano chip number.
- TIP: all microchip numbers are 9, 10, or 15 digits long.
- Once you have entered the number, press enter.
- There will be a pop up that says “This was not detected as a Fi Nano. Would you like to register this microchip?” - press OK.
- TIP: if the popup does not appear, double check the number of digits, difference between zero and O, etc.
- Once you press OK, the chip will appear under your “Stock” category and you can proceed as if it were a Fi chip: Logging In, Accessing Your Chips, and Completing Owner Registration.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.