REMINDER: You will need a gift card code to complete this process. The gift cards are not specific to the collars; any gift card can be applied to any collar.
TIP: You should print out your “Adopter Welcome” sheet to give to your adopters.
- If this is an adopter’s first time having a Fi collar, please have them download the Fi app, and create an account or log in. Make note of the email that they used to create their account.
- Navigate to the main menu by tapping on the bottom right icon listed under a dog’s name, and then tapping on the three horizontal lines in the top right hand corner.
- Once the menu is open, tap on the tab labeled with Rescue.
- You will see two categories:
- Select the dog you want to place: these are dogs that have not yet been transferred to foster parents.
- Select a dog to recall into the rescue: these are dogs that are out with fosters.
- If the dog is under the “Select a dog to recall into the rescue” menu, tap on their name.
- If applicable, select the base that will be traveling from the foster’s home to the adopter’s home, and click “Recall into Foster Organization”. This will unlink the base from the foster’s account so that the adopter can set it up at their house.
- Once the dog is in your “Select the dog you want to place” menu, tap on their name, and then “Transfer to an adopter”.
- Enter the adopter’s email address.
- Enter the gift card code you have assigned to the adopter.
- It is highly recommended that you enter the adopter’s billing information whenever possible in the adopter transfer process. However, if you do not have it, you may uncheck the box that says “I have billing information for the adopter”.
- IMPORTANT: PLEASE HAVE THE ADOPTER PURCHASE A SUBSCRIPTION IN THE APP AND REDEEM THE GIFT CARD IMMEDIATELY AFTER COMPLETING THE TRANSFER, OTHERWISE THEY WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO GPS OR LOST DOG MODE.
- Next steps for the adopter: Ordering and Redeeming Fi Gift Cards
- Have the adopter log into the app and set up a base at their home: Multiple Fi Bases
Please note that once the adopter transfer is complete, the Rescue account will no longer have access to that dog.