You can update or change information in your dog's Fi Nano microchip account (birthdays, address information, phone number, email address, breed etc.) once the chip is Active, from any smartphone or computer.
- If your account is showing Inactive it means you either do not have a Fi Nano associated with that pet or that the registration is not complete. See: Fi Nano Microchip Registration
- If your account is showing Transfer Pending, this means the vet/rescue/breeder you worked with to chip your pet, has yet to approve the Fi Nano transfer. Please reach out to them to check in on the process. See: Why Does My Fi Nano Microchip Status Say Transfer Pending?
Active vs. Inactive or Transfer Pending
Once "Active", Follow These Steps to Make Your Edits:
- Go to nano.tryfi.com and LOG IN to your account
- Tap MANAGE CHIPS from the menu (if you are using a desktop, rather than a mobile device, please fully expand your screen if you are not seeing MANAGE CHIPS):
- Tap on your pet's Active profile:
- Tap EDIT on the top right:
- Edit the information you wish to update.
- Please note, once your status is Active, keeping the details for your dog up to date are optional because if your pet is lost and scanned the chip number will confirm their identity.
- Keeping your personal contact information up to date is crucial, as this is how you will receive updates about your lost pet. You must have an active email that you check frequently on file. The email registered to your Fi Nano account will be the email Fi uses to send any messages we receive regarding your pet through the secure messaging system.
- If you edit the email address associated with your Fi Nano, you must use that email address to log into your Fi Nano account on nano.tryfi.com, as this is where your chip will now live.
- If the updated email address has never been associated with a Fi Nano account before, it will automatically create an account for you, but will not create a password. At log in on nano.tryfi.com, fill in your updated email only and then tap Forgot Password. An email will be sent to your updated email address with a link to create your password.
Tap CONTINUE. If the system does not let you tap CONTINUE, please review this article: Why Can I Not Tap Continue on My Fi Nano Microchip Registration?