The Fi App is designed to automatically send firmware updates to your collar as they become available. If your collar's firmware is not up to date, Android users may need to manually push a firmware update to their Fi Collar. You can check this within the Fi App.
To check if your phone needs a firmware update, you will need to ensure:
- Your Fi Collar is connected to your mobile device. See: How Can I See What My Dog’s Fi Collar Is Connected To? This should happen automatically the next time you walk your dog outside, as long as you bring your phone and the Fi App is running in the background. See: Why Is It Important to Keep My Fi App Running at All Times?
- Once your phone is connected to your mobile device, follow the below steps.
Steps to Check for a Firmware Update (Android users only)
- Begin a walk with your dog, with the Fi App open and running in the background. Ensure your Fi Collar is connected to your mobile device.
- Tap your dog's Profile picture in the lower right corner. Once you are in the profile, tap the 3 stacked lines:
- Tap Collars:
- Tap Check for update:
- If your collar is not properly connected to your mobile device, you will receive the following notification. See: How Can I See What My Dog’s Fi Collar Is Connected To?:
- If your collar's firmware is up to date, you will receive the following notification:
- If your collar's firmware is not up to date, the app will search for a firmware update (you will see a loading screen):
Once complete, you will receive a notification indicating your firmware has updated. The notification will say Update complete: