With the Fi app, you can track your dog's activity and progress towards their daily step goals.
Note: Activity history is only available with an active subscription.
View Your Dog's Activity:
- Open the Fi app
- On the main screen, above the map, tap 'Dog's Name's Steps' (i.e. 'Thor's Steps')
- Toggle between 'Day,' 'Week,' or 'Month' buttons at the bottom of the screen
- At the top of the screen, view how many steps your dog has achieved by day, week, or month and their percent progress towards their daily, weekly, or monthly steps goal
- Swipe left on the yellow bar graph to view past activity
How are dog steps calculated?
Dog steps are counted just like people steps. Essentially, the Fi collar measures your dog's steps by tracking up and down motions.
How is my dog's step goal calculated?
By default in the Fi app, every dog has a daily step goal of 10,000 steps. A feature that will allow you to customize your dog's step goals (and provide guidance for setting step goals based on breed) is in the works!
How does my dog's Fi collar track walk routes?
The Fi collar relies on multiple signals to determine its location - knowing that your smartphone device is in proximity (as well as the location that your phone believes it is currently) is a great signal. If you don't take your smartphone device with you when you walk your dog, the Fi collar will power GPS, keep in mind, however, on its own, GPS is:
- Fairly inaccurate - about 50-60 ft accuracy for each location report due to limitations of today's GPS technology as a whole.
- Battery intensive - if you take your smartphone with you on yours and your dog's walks, the Fi collar will combine the signals coming from your phone to allow for improved location report accuracy and an increased frequency of location updates to determine the exact route walked. This also allows for battery conservation.
- Note: Having wifi enabled on your device is also useful as the phone itself uses wifi in addition to its GPS to know where it is.
Note: For the most accurate route tracking, Fi recommends carrying your smartphone with you on yours and your dog's walks, with the Fi app open in the background of your device. If someone else is walking your dog, we recommend having them carry their smartphone, as well, and instructing them to download the Fi app and connect to your dog's collar.