Congratulations, your pup is part of the Fi pack!
With the Fi collar, you can track your dog - no matter where they are. Once your collar kit arrives, the first step you'll want to take is to download the Fi app for your smartphone:
Try Fi for Android (Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel, LG, etc.)
Try Fi for iOS (iPhone/Apple)
From here, you'll want to login using the same email address you placed your order with, and where your Fi receipt was sent. During the check out flow, you created a password, although if you don't recall this- tap "forgot password" and we'll send you a link.
If you received Fi as a gift, or are setting up a collar with a different email address than the one used during check out, enter the email address you would like to use and tap "no" to the question "Have you already purchased a Fi collar?" this will allow you to create an account. Make sure to leave "invite code" blank.
In this flow, you'll be asked to "Remember to use the same email address when you order your Fi collar" and you can tap "ok"
Initial App Setup Workflow (Step by Step):
- Enter your phone number or skip
- Tap "Create Dog Profile"
- Enter your pup's name
- Specify your dog's gender
- Specify breed category
- Specify breed type
- Enter your pup's birthday (or adoption date)
- Enter your pup's weight
- Select a photo for your pup (you can skip this step, by tapping continue with out adding a photo)
- Invite owners (you can skip this step, by tapping next with out inviting any owners)
- Plug in your base (we recommend a spot where your dog spends a lot of their time, but also has access to your wifi network.)
- In the app you'll see a "loading screen" while the app scans for your base
- Once the base is activated, you'll see "Base activated"
- Tap continue to move onto "Base configuration"
- In the app you'll see a "loading" screen while the app configures your base
- Tap "Connected to WiFi" to connect your base to your home network
- In the app you'll see a "scanning" screen while the app looks for near by networks
- Note: The Fi base only connects to 2.4GH wi-fi networks.
- If you need a MAC Address to access your WiFi network, you will need to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org at this step, and we can provide this.
- Tap your network from "Choose a Network"
- Enter your network's WiFi password in "Join Network"
- Tap continue to connect to the network
- In the app you'll see a "Connecting" screen while the app connects to your network
- Tap "Set Base Location" to move to the next screen
- Tap "Enable" to set a Base Safe Zone
- Set your Base location, you can do this by entering the address where the base is located, and then pinch and pull the blue circle to cover the area your pet can roam in this area safely, with no alert needed. Please note, the minimum size is 60 feet.
- Tap Save to save your Base Location & Safe Zone
- Your Base is now configured, tap continue
- Tap continue to set your alert preferences, would you like to receive push notifications, SMS notifications or both? Please note, if you did not enter a phone number on step 1, you'll be prompted to add one now in order to get SMS notifications.
- Tap continue and place your Fi collar on the base- this will turn your Fi collar on
- In the app you'll see a "loading screen" while the app scans for your collar
- Once the collar is activated, you'll see "Collar activated"
- Tap Continue, and you'll be in the Fi app home screen
- For multi pet households, you'll want to tap on the menu button on the home screen (the three stacked lines on the top left), and slightly pull down on the pet card, this will reveal the option "Add a dog"
- Place the Fi collar around your pup's neck and get started tracking your dog's location and activity using the Fi app.
How does my dog's Fi collar connect to GPS, Bluetooth, the Fi base, and the Fi app?:
The Fi collar will always try to use the least amount of battery possible. Whenever it's in range of your Fi base or a smartphone belonging to a designated owner with the Fi mobile app installed, and running, the collar will use those connections (via Bluetooth) to locate your pup and display their activity.
Once the collar is out of range of either your Fi base or Fi app (bluetooth signal), the collar will use GPS to acquire your pup's location. It is extremely important that the Fi Collar only connect to LTE/GPS outdoors, as GPS it not reliable indoors. In order to to achieve the longest battery life, it is also essential GPS is only used when needed (when you are apart from your dog, and they are outdoors.)
If your pup is away from you, and the Fi base, you'll need to transport your Fi Base (remember to update the wifi base settings in the app once you arrive at the new location), set up a new Fi base (if your dog spends extended amounts of time in multiple locations regularly, such as "home" and "office"), or add someone in the new location as an owner within the Fi app in order to be able to track your pup indoors.
The Fi collar can only connect to the AT&T network in the United States, so if your dog travels internationally, it will not function properly. That said, as long as your dog is located in the United States, you can check in on your pup from anywhere in the world providing you have internet access on your smartphone and a Fi subscription.
Charging the Fi Collar:
To charge your dog's Fi collar, place the collar module on the base. For full recharge time, allow 3 hours from 0% to 100%.
For more information about your dog's Fi collar battery life, see Battery Life.