With the right set up and conditions, your dog's Fi Collar can go months with out needing to recharge. See: How Long Does My Dog’s Fi Collar Battery Last? to learn more about performance in different conditions.
Tips to Improve Battery Performance
- Confirm your Fi System is properly set up. Understanding the connection source your dog's collar uses is helpful for many reasons, including battery life. You want to make sure your dog's collar can access Fi Base, Fi App and Wi-Fi as needed. Ensure your collar connects to the proper source at the correct time to improve and maintain good battery health. See: What Is the Best Connection Source for My Dog’s Fi Collar?
- Test coverage indoors. One way the Fi System maximizes battery performance is by using lower power consumption connection sources to locate your dog when they're at home, such as your Fi Base and Wi-Fi. Ensure your Fi Base and Wi-Fi Networks are properly set up and providing maximum coverage. Your Series 3 Fi Base has an indicator light. It will show a static yellow light 🟡 if the base does not have Wi-Fi connectivity. See:
- Check if your battery performance is doing well or not. You can check your system health within the Fi App. See: How Do I Check My Battery Performance?
- Keep the Fi App running in the background. Required for walk tracking, keeping the Fi App running in the background also provides battery benefits any time you and your dog are together and out of range of a Fi Base. See: How Can I Improve My Fi App Mobile Connectivity?
- Understand what conditions will increase battery drain, and try to avoid them. See: What Conditions Drain the Fi Battery?