We hope it never happens - but if you can't find your dog, you can use the Fi app paired with your dog's Fi collar and an active GPS subscription to track them down quickly. We recommend: Testing GPS + LTE & Lost Dog Mode and becoming familiar with the functionality.
Note: Without a GPS subscription, 'Lost Dog Mode' is not available.
'Lost Dog Mode' Using the Fi App
- Open the Fi app
- Tap Live
- Tap the arrow on the top right
- Tap the "Lost" button on the top right. This will enter your dog's Fi collar into 'Lost Dog Mode' - which will:
- Increase location attempts to once per minute on LTE/GPS
- Activate the red pulsing LED light on the Fi module to make your dog easier to spot at night or in low visibility conditions.
- The LED light will drain your dog's Fi collar battery faster - so keep an eye on the battery gauge displayed at the bottom of the screen and consider switching the light off if you dog's Fi collar battery is running too close to empty while you're still trying to track them down.
- Provide you directions to help guide you to your dog: in lost dog mode you'll see your location in relation to your pup in the map, and the last known location for your dog, listed below the map.
- Keep Lost Dog Mode open while your dog is lost, it is critical you do not exit this mode until you have found your dog. Toggling Lost Dog Mode on and off will delay location updates.
- Once you have located your dog, you can exit Lost Dog Mode by tapping the "x" on the top right, and verifying "I have found PET NAME, disable lost dog"
- Exit the full map screen by tapping the back button on the bottom left
Note: In 'Lost Dog Mode,' your dog's Fi collar will only have approximately 2 days of battery life - this is why its important to save as much battery as possible when your dog is not lost.
For more information on battery life, see Collar Battery Life.