The Fi Base works double duty, it is a charging station for the Fi Collar and the best connection source for your dog's Fi Collar. The Series 3 Fi Base has wireless charging. See: How Do I Charge My Fi Collar? When the Fi Collar connects to the Fi Base, it is not only the best way to preserve battery life, but also the most accurate connection source when your dog is indoors. See: What Is the Best Connection Source for My Dog’s Fi Collar?
We recommend setting up the Fi Base in a location where your dog spends most of their time. When the base is plugged in and configured to a Wi-Fi network, the Fi Base automatically connects to your dog's Fi Collar when they are in range, allowing the Fi Collar to:
- Preserve battery. When connected to the Fi Base, you can expect the longest lasting battery life, see: Battery Life
- Report your dog's location, see: How Does the Fi Collar Obtain My Dog’s Location?
Requirements for Fi Base
- Access to power, the Fi Base must be plugged at all times.
- Access to Wi-Fi, the Fi Base requires Wi-Fi to report your dog's location to Fi's servers.
- Your Series 3 Fi Base has an indicator light. It will show a static yellow light 🟡 if the base does not have Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Central location, the Fi Base automatically connects to your dog's collar via Bluetooth. Therefore, it is ideally placed in a location where your dog hangs out most often. If you have a large property, or your dog visits several locations for extended periods (such as an office), you may need more than one base. See: Do I Need Multiple Fi Bases?
- Why Does My Fi Base Always Need to Remain Online?
- How Can I Test Fi Base Coverage?
- Where Should I Set Up My Fi Base?
- How Do I Manage My Fi Base(s)?