The Fi Base works double duty, it is a charging station for the Fi Collar and the best connection source for your dog's Fi Collar. See: What Is the Best Connection Source for My Dog’s Fi Collar? When the Fi Collar connects to the Fi Base, it is not only the best way to preserve battery life, but also the most accurate connection source when your dog is indoors. Each Fi Collar Kit comes with a Fi Base.
We recommend setting up the Fi Base in a location where your dog spends most of their time. When the base is plugged in and configured to a Wi-Fi network, the Fi Base automatically connects to your dog's Fi Collar when they are in range, allowing the Fi Collar to:
- Preserve battery. When connected to the Fi Base, you can expect the longest lasting battery life, see: Battery Life
- Report your dog's location, see: How Does the Fi Collar Obtain My Dog’s Location?
Requirements for Fi Base
- Access to power, the Fi Base must be plugged at all times.
- Access to Wi-Fi, the Fi Base requires Wi-Fi to report your dog's location to Fi's servers.
- Central location, the Fi Base automatically connects to your dog's collar via Bluetooth. Therefore, it is ideally placed in a location where your dog hangs out most often. If you have a large property, or your dog visits several locations for extended periods (such as an office), you may need more than one base. See: Multiple Fi Bases.
Charging Your Dog's Fi Collar
To charge your dog's Fi Collar, place the collar module on the base. You’ll notice the LED light on the module pulses blue as the collar charges.
When fully charged, the LED light will remain blue and stop pulsing. The Fi Collar takes 3 hours to charge from 0 to 100%.
We'll send a reminder at 20% and 5% to recharge, see: Alerts & Notifications 101