The Fi Collar displays different light patterns in different situations, outside of toggling the Fi Light on/off.
The most common cases are when the Fi Collar is on the Fi Base, or in Lost Dog Mode.
Common light patterns:
- Solid Blue
- Fully charged
- Pulsing Blue
- Pulsing Red
- 'Lost Dog' Mode - will automatically turn on, & pulse red. This will make your dog easier to spot at night or in low visibility conditions. For more information on Lost Dog Mode, see: Lost Dog Mode
- Pulsing Green
- Firmware Update
- Please note: the collar must be connected to mobile (blue circle with your initial) to transfer a firmware update to the collar. Firmware updates typically take less than 1 minute, but if there is an interruption the collar may continue to attempt for a few minutes.
- If you encounter an extended period of pulsing/blinking please reset the Fi collar: How Do I Turn Off or Reset My Fi Module?
To understand how your Fi Collar is connected and how long it will take for the light to turn on:
- Open the Fi App
- Tap Live
- Tap the arrow on the top right
- Tap your pup's profile photo
- Note the icon to the right of the battery %
- Fi Base: your pup is connected to the Fi Base (1 minute to turn on light)
- WiFi: your pup is connected to the WiFi (1 minute to turn on light)
- Blue circle with your initial: your pup is connected to your mobile device (the light will turn on immediately)
- Circle with a blue outline, and other letter within: your pup is connected to the mobile device of another owner (the light will turn on immediately)
- Cell phone bars: your pup is connected to LTE (the light will turn on the next time we connect to the collar)
- Exit the full map screen by tapping the back button on the bottom left