Having stable Fi App connectivity is paramount to the accuracy of the Fi System and helps conserve the Fi Collar's battery life.
The Fi App is your command center, where you can see your dog's location, activity, collar settings, and also provide your dog's location when you are together. See: How Does the Fi Collar Obtain My Dog’s Location?
Your dog's Fi Collar will connect to your mobile device in the following situations:
- You/or another owner are outdoors, on a walk, and the Fi App is open, running in the background.
- You/or another owner are indoors, with your dog, away from a Fi Base with the Fi App open and running in the background.
To view what the collar is connected to, see: How Can I See What My Dog’s Fi Collar Is Connected To?
Troubleshooting Tips to Improve Fi App Mobile Connectivity
If your smartphone is not connecting to your dog's Fi Collar when it should, try the below troubleshooting steps:
- Restart your smartphone - This simple solution will resolve most issues.
- Ensure the Fi App is running in the background - Your phone requires that the Fi App is open and running in the background in order to be connected to your dog's Fi Collar. If the app is forced closed, it will not be able to connect to your dog.
- Ensure you are in proximity to your Fi Collar - For walks, the best testing will be done when your dog is on a leash- ensuring they are always within a few feet of you.
- Check your other devices - Are other Bluetooth-enabled devices able to pair with your phone? If no Bluetooth devices can connect to your phone, you may want to contact your phone manufacturer for further advice.
- Narrow down the issue - Is your phone the only phone with an issue, or are other owners impacted? If only one device is impacted, you may want to contact your phone manufacturer for further advice.
- Contact Fi Customer Success - We have a dedicated team who can provide suggestions and advise you on the next specific steps based on your experience.