Ensuring that your Fi base is properly connected to wi-fi and your dog's Fi collar via Bluetooth is important for tracking your dog, but also for preserving collar battery life. For more information about battery life, see Collar Battery Life.
For more general information about the Fi base - including set up, charging, and editing, see Overview, Setup, and Connectivity.
It's important for overall, proper functioning of your Fi system that the charging base stays connected to wifi, plugged in, and in the area where your dog spends the most time. This will ensure the collar knows when it's at home vs away from home and that you receive timely notifications when your dog leaves your home's Safe Zone.
Troubleshooting Base Activation Failed:
Ensure you're standing near the base with your iOS or Android device and try the following:
- Unplug and replug the base into the power outlet
- Toggle Bluetooth off, wait ~10 seconds, toggle back on again
- Reboot your phone
- Try again
Troubleshooting Wifi Connectivity Issues:
If you're having issues with Fi base wifi connectivity, see troubleshooting tips below:
- Is your wifi working? Make sure that other nearby devices are able to connect to your wifi signal. If not, restart your wifi router or modem.
- Check that your base is plugged in & running. If not, try unplugging and replugging the base's power adaptor.
- Reconfigure your Fi base to your wifi connection in the Fi mobile app following the steps below:
- Open the Fi app and select the Menu in the upper left corner of your screen
- Tap "Bases"
- Tap the name of the base you'd like to edit
- Tap the wifi network name
- Follow the onscreen instructions to reconfigure your base's wifi connection
Tips to Keep in Mind:
- If you move the base to another location outside of the connected network range, you'll need to reconfigure the base to link to the new location's network. See step 3 above.
- The Fi base only connects to 2.4G Hz wifi networks.
- If your wifi is not appearing in the list of available networks or you’re seeing a “Failed” message when you attempt to enter your network’s password:
- Ensure you typed your wifi password correctly.
- Ensure your network is not "hidden."
- Ensure other devices are connected to your wifi network. If not, restart your wifi router.
- Toggle your iOS or Android device's Bluetooth off and then on again.
- Restart your iOS or Android device.
Troubleshooting Collar Charging Issues:
- Make sure your Fi base is plugged in.
- Always worth double checking!
- Check that the Fi collar module is properly connected to the base.
- Also try removing the module from the base and then placing it back on.
Still having trouble?
Use our request form to contact Fi Support. Please include a thorough description of the issue you're experiencing - including the steps you took that led you to experience the issue - in the description of the form so we can get started on a fix for you and your pup right away.