We hope it never happens - but if you can't find your dog, you can use the Fi app paired with your dog's Fi collar and an active GPS subscription to track them down quickly.
'Lost Dog Mode' Using the Fi App
Step 1: Login to the Fi app - you will land on the main map screen.
Step 2: Tap the red 'Lost' icon and then 'Let's Go'. This will enter your dog's Fi collar into 'Lost Dog Mode'
Step 3: Keep the app open while searching for your dog so you can track quickly.
Note: In 'Lost Dog Mode,' your dog's Fi collar will only have approximately one day of battery life.
- For more information on battery life, see Collar Battery Life.
Note: Without a GPS subscription, 'Lost Dog Mode' is not available. In order to purchase a subscription post-purchase of your dog's Fi collar, contact Fi support via our request form.
- For more information about 'Lost Dog Mode', see Lost Dog Mode.
Still having trouble finding your dog?
- Contact Fi support - If you have an active GPS subscription, Fi support is available 24/7 for lost dog cases. While in Lost Dog Mode, you will have the option to tap on a phone icon to call us.
- Reach out to your friends, family, and neighbors. Alert them as quickly as possible. The earlier you get the word out that your pup is lost, the more likely it will be that your dog is still close to where you both were last, and someone has seen them.
- Post to social media. Get your friends and family to also share the post!
- Search the neighborhood. Walk or drive around the area as often as you can, odds are the dog is near where you last saw them.
- Print flyers. Posting flyers in the area where you lost them will make more of the neighborhood aware of your dog. Things you'll want to include are your contact information, a picture of the dog, breed, sex, age, weight, and anything distinct about their appearance that would make them easier to spot.
- Contact local animal shelters and animal control agencies. There is always a chance if you haven't found your dog that they may have picked them up.
Don't give up! You might not find your pup immediately but the more often you're searching, contacting local resources, and reaching out to friends & family, the more likely you are to get your dog back home safe & sound.
If a dog is wearing a Fi Collar, the serial number can help us identify the pup and notify their owner. If you ever find a lost pet wearing a Fi Collar, please contact us so we can help.