There are several types of notifications you can receive from Fi, each can be toggled on a granular level, by users and type. This guide will provide you with an overview of each notification type, and it's settings.
To edit your notification settings: from the home screen, tap into the settings menu by tapping on the three stacked lines on the left of the screen, this will reveal your pup's pet card, which you can tap into. For multi pet households, you'll need to select your alert settings for each pet individually.
From the pet card main menu, either tap on your pet's name, or the gear icon on the top right. Tap into: Alert Settings.
By default, all alert types will be turned on for new users, each user can select different preferences on their account.
Escape Alerts & Offline Alerts
Select if you'd like to receive Escape Alerts & Offline Alerts, if so, select Push notifications, or Push + SMS.
Notifications for escape alerts are set to Smart Mode: Fi will try to obtain GPS confirmation that your dog has escaped before sending you a notification. In Smart Mode it may take 2-5 minutes to get an alert. Escape alerts are triggered when we receive two minutes of and/or two GPS reports that are outside of a safe zone, with out an owner.
Exiting a safe zone alerts are:
- Exit safe zone without owner: Your pet's name just left safe zone name
- Pet disconnects from an owner's phone, while the pet is not at a safe zone and we can get an address: Your pet's name is around location without an owner.
- Pet disconnects from an owner's phone, while the pet is not at a safe zone and we cannot get an address: Your pet's name is not near an owner.
Offline Alerts: If we are unable to connect to the Fi collar, how quickly would you like to be notified? These alerts can be turned off, set to as quickly as 10 minutes, or as far as 60 minutes. The in app recommendation is 30 minutes.
Offline alerts are:
- Your pet's name's Fi collar has been offline for #of minutes selected for alert minutes and is trying to acquire a location update.
Select if you'd like to receive push alerts when your pup goes on a walk with an owner.
Walk alerts are:
- Your pet's name just left safe zone name with name of owner
Safe Zone Alerts
Select if you'd like to receive push alerts when your pup enters a safe zone, or once your pup's collar has connected to an owner.
Safe zone alerts are:
- Your pet's name is now with name of owner
- Your pet's name is now at safe zone name
End of Walk Alert
Select if you'd like to receive push alerts when your pup finishes a walk.
These notifications will include step count for the walk, and how many remain to hit their daily goal.
End of walk alerts are:
- Your pet's name finished a walk with # of steps steps! # of steps to hit goal steps to go to their pronoun goal for the day!
Goal Streak Alert
Select if you'd like to receive push alerts when your pup hits their daily goal multiple days in a row.
These notifications are sent daily at 9 pm local time.
Goal streak alerts are:
- That's # of days days in a row that pet's name met pet's pronoun daily step goal. Keep it up!
Select if you'd like to receive push alerts with your pup's Fi ranking.
These notifications are sent at 7 pm local time on Sundays.
Ranking alerts are:
- It's Fi ranking time! your pet's name is ranked their rank of all their breed and their rank overall. Impressive!
Select if you'd like to receive push alerts reminding you to Charge the Fi collar. This includes:
Recharge Reminder: at 5pm daily, if your fi collar battery is below 5% you'll get a reminder to recharge it
Reminder whenever collar gets to 20% & 5% battery
Recharge reminder alerts are:
- At 5% battery: your pet's name's Fi collar is at battery % battery - time for a recharge!
- At 20% battery: your pet's name's Fi collar is at battery % battery. You have plenty to go but we thought we'd let you know!
- Daily notification sent if battery is less than 5%: your pet's name's Fi Collar is very low on battery - place it on the Fi Base for 2 hours to keep your pet's pronoun safe!
Charged Reminder: at 5pm daily, if your collar is sitting on the charging base fully charged you'll get a reminder to take it off and put it on your pup.
Charged reminder alerts are:
- your pet's name's collar is fully charged! Take it off the Fi Base and put it back on your pet name to keep your pet's pronoun safe.
Base Offline Alert
Base notifications cannot be turned off. Whenever your base is offline you will receive a push notification and email- you can unsubscribe from the email, and continue to receive push notifications.
Base offline alerts are:
- Your Fi Charging Base appears to be offline. Please check that it is plugged in or reconfigure it from the Bases menu if necessary.