If your base goes offline you'll receive an alert stating Your Fi Charging Base appears to be offline. Please check that it is plugged in or reconfigure it from the Bases menu if necessary.
Please note that this is for bases that have been already activated. These troubleshooting steps don’t apply to new bases or the initial set-up process.
To reconfigure your Fi Base
- Open the Fi App
- Tap your pup's profile on the bottom right hand corner
- Tap the three stacked lines on the top right
- Tap Bases
- You'll see a red exclamation next to any base that is offline
- Tap UPDATE WIFI
If updating the Wi-Fi fails, try the following steps:
- Make sure that your home Wi-Fi is working - use another device like your phone or your computer to connect to your Wi-Fi and make sure that the internet connection is working.
- It might be helpful to test out your Wi-Fi connect with a speed test. A good internet speed is at or above 25 Mbps. Try this link for a speed test
- Unplug the Fi Base for a minute, and replug it to the power outlet. Sometimes it can just get into a bad state and restarting the base solves the problem. Wait for 2 minutes after replugging the Fi Base try to update WiFi again
- Place the Fi Collar on the charging base and make sure it the Fi Module light turns on. This will ensure that the charging base is plugged into a proper power outlet. If the light does not turn on, please try another outlet in your home. If you still do not see the Fi Collar’s light turn on while on your base, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this latest step succeeds, your base is now able to properly communicate to our servers and the red mark should disappear shortly.
If your Wi-Fi network does not appear in the list:
- Ensure that the 2.4GHz option of the Wi-Fi router is enabled. The Fi base only connects to 2.4GH wi-fi networks. You can refer to your Wi-Fi router manufacturer documentation or Wi-Fi router manufacturer's online support center for this info if needed.
- Restart your router.
- Try to cancel / reopen the Wi-Fi selection screen.
- Move your base to a location with better Wi-Fi coverage.
- Please make sure there is a clear line of sight between you, the base, and the router.
If it still fails, please contact our support at email@example.com for technical assistance.