If your dog is upgrading to a new Fi Collar, you will need to first deactivate the previous Fi Module before activating the new Fi Module. This will ensure your dog's historical details and subscription are properly transferred to the new device.
Please note, you should never deactivate a Fi Collar as a troubleshooting step. If you need help with your dog's collar, please Contact Fi Customer Success.
When you deactivate a Fi Collar, this does not change, pause or cancel your Fi Subscription. If you need to update your subscription, see: How Do I Update or Cancel My Fi GPS/LTE Subscription?
Steps to Deactivate a Fi Collar
You must be an owner to deactivate a collar.
- Open the Fi App.
- Tap your pup's profile in the lower right hand corner, and tap the 3 dotted lines:
- Tap Collars:
- Tap on the collar you want to deactivate.
- Tap Deactivate:
- Confirm deactivation, by tapping Yes:
- Multi-pup household? You'll need to repeat these steps for each collar being deactivated.
- If the pet profile you deactivated is no longer needed you can delete the profile. See: How Do I Delete a Pet from the Fi App?
Made an error? No worries - all your pup's historical details have been preserved. Follow instructions for activating a collar to reactivate your collar. See: How Do I Activate a Replacement Fi Collar?