If your dog is upgrading to a new Fi Collar, you will need to first unlink the previous Fi Collar before activating the new Fi Collar. This will ensure your dog's historical details and subscription/membership are properly transferred to the new device.
Please note, you should never unlink a Fi Collar as a troubleshooting step. If you need help with your dog's collar, please Contact Fi Customer Success.
When you unlink a Fi Collar, this does not change, pause or cancel your Fi Subscription/Membership. If you need to update your Subscription/Membership, see: How Do I Upgrade My Fi Subscription/Membership? or How Do I Cancel My Fi Subscription/Membership?
Steps to Unlink a Fi Collar
You must be an owner to unlink a collar.
- Open the Fi App.
- Tap your pup's profile in the lower right hand corner, and tap the 3 dotted lines:
- Tap Collars:
- Tap on the collar you want to unlink.
- Confirm deactivation, by tapping Yes:
- Multi-pup household? You'll need to repeat these steps for each collar being unlinked.
- If the pet profile you unlink is no longer needed, you can delete the profile. See: How Do I Delete a Pet from the Fi App?
Made an error? No worries - all your pup's historical details have been preserved. Follow instructions for activating a collar to reactivate your collar. See: How Do I Activate a Replacement Fi Collar?