With Fi you can track your pup’s activity no matter where they are. Since we all love a little friendly competition, you can also track and compare your pup’s activity within their breed and also within the overall Fi Pack community.To view your pup’s stats:
Open the Fi App
On the top of this menu you’ll see both Breed Rank and Overall Rank.
- A Breed Rank is:
- An Overall Rank is:
All rankings are based on the past 28 days of activity.
Seeing your pup’s rankings falling? This can happen for two reasons:
- You are new to the Fi community- during your first 28 days, steps were only being accumulated, and as such, your pup’s rank was likely only climbing as they got more steps.
The ranking is a measure based on the most recent 28 days- once you have been part of Fi for more than 28 days, this number can go up or down, depending on activity.
- We all have a down day- and this will impact ranking.It’s normal to see a fluctuation in rank if during those 28 days, your pup had a few days or a week of lesser activity or steps. The ranking and step is a calculation of the total steps during that 28 day period.
The competition is real- Fido may be hitting their goal consistently- but they can move down in ranks if other pups start taking more steps. Don’t worry, we’re here to help! You can also track how many steps behind you are behind the leaders in each section. In both Breed and Overall Rank:
- You’ll always see the steps for any pup you are competing with, directly below their name
- You’ll see your pup’s exact ranking number if they are one of the top 1,000 pups in either category. All Fi community members below this will see Steps Behind for each pup ahead in rank, and Steps Ahead for each pup behind and % of where they rank in the Fi Community.
- On Sundays, you’ll see a Fi Ranking update on the Fi Feed, this will include specific Breed and Overall Ranking numbers.
How are Fi Ranks different from Activity, Step Goals and Streaks?
The Activity menu will help you track your pup’s individual performance against the step goals you’ve set within the Fi App. See: Activity Tracking.
Generally speaking, you can expect to see these numbers to climb day over day within a given week, or month. The totals will reset at the end of the day, week, or month. This is different from Fi Rank which will change day over day, to encapsulate 28 days of activity.
The Activity menu will also track miles, which are not included as part of Fi Rank.
Hot Streaks will show the current and longest record for the number of days in a row that your pup has exceeded their step goal.
Here’s a pro-tip:
Have your eye’s set on a specific goal? Once you know how many steps you want to hit, (1 million perhaps) divide that by 28 to set a custom goal in the Activity menu. To do this:
In the bar on the lower portion of the app, you should see three bars:
Tap there and Change Step Goal. Note, you can only set goals by increments of 1,000, so for a 1 million step goal within the Fi Ranks, you’ll need to set a goal of 36,000 steps a day.