Fi is always more fun with friends, and we’ve designed several features to allow your pup to enjoy the best of the Fi Community.
What are Social Features?
You can access several social features within the Fi App, they are:
- Discover: Share photos with Fi community, Discover Fi dogs to follow, and like pictures of the pups that make you smile.
- Rank: Engage in some friendly step and activity competition with pups in the Fi Community. See: Understanding Breed and Overall Ranking
To follow a dog you know:
- go to "discover"
- tap on "Discover Fi dogs" at the top to open a search bar
- if you have shared your contacts:
- any dogs associated with a phone number in your contacts will immediately show up under the search bar
- you can tap their name to be taken to their profile
- tap the yellow "Follow" button to follow the dog
- if the dog you are looking for has not shown up or you have not shared your contacts:
- type in the dog's name or Fi username - this will populate a list of dogs and you can then find them
- tap their name to go to their profile
- then tap the yellow "Follow" button to follow the dog
To follow a dog you discover:
- go to "discover"
- see a dog you think looks cute in your feed?
- tap their name/profile photo
- this will take you to their profile
- tap the yellow "Follow" button to follow this dog
- want to follow dogs in your area?
- tap "Discover Fi dogs" at the top to open a search bar
- scroll to the bottom of "based on your contacts" and you will see "dogs around you"
- you can tap on them to see their profile
- if you want to follow, tap the yellow "follow" button
Find your dog's Fi dog username
Each dog is assigned a unique Fi username when their pet profile is created. This can be used to find and follow your dog - think of it like an Instagram username.
It can be found at the top of their profile and can be edited by selecting "edit profile".
To block a specific Fi User/Pup:
If needed, you can block a pup and user within the app. To do so, search for the pup in the Discover search bar. Then, click on the three dots next to the yellow follow bar. There, you’ll see options to either follow or block.
To report a comment:
To report a comment, tap the three dots to the right of the comment, and tap Report Comment to submit
To opt out of Social Features & Fi Community:
If you wish to use Fi without the social aspect, you can opt out of social features at any time. Not sure if you’ll miss the competition? You are also free to opt back in at any time.
Opting out of social features will let you use the Fi Collar in total privacy on the Fi Network. You won’t appear to any other dog on the Fi Network, your pictures will be kept private to your household and you won’t be included in the Fi Rankings.
- Open the Fi App
- Tap your pup's profile in the lower right hand corner.
- Tap the three stacked lines on the top right
- Tap Account Settings
- Tap “on” to switch to “off”
- For owners with multiple pups, these settings will apply to all pups within the household
- For owners with pups across multiple households, you can select privacy settings based on the household. Any change made by an owner within the household will impact all other owners.