TIP: we recommend assigning a chip to a pet as soon as it’s inserted so you can manage it digitally!
REMINDER: the chips are already registered to the rescue/vet/breeder’s information, so there is no need to re-register the organization’s information under owner details. The Owner Contact Information section is strictly for the NEW owner of the pet.
- For initial help on logging in please see here: Logging In, Accessing Your Chips, and Completing Owner Registration.
- If you are registering a Fi Nano microchip: you can click on any of the chips in the list, OR type in the 15 digit OR 6 digit code as shown on the yellow card that comes with the chip in the search bar. This will take you into the chip’s registration page.
- If you are registering a non-Fi chip: How To Register a Non-Fi Nano Microchip.
- First step is to fill out the pet information - ALL the fields must be filled out to proceed (for example, if you don’t know the birthday or the pet has a temporary name, an approximation is fine - the owner will be able to edit any information once they are registered on the chip).
- Since the pet does not yet have an owner, click “Save Pet and Exit.” This chip will still show up in your Stock list. You will still be able to edit the pet information.
- Once the pet has an owner, go back into the chip's page, click Edit, and complete the owner registration as described below.
- Once the pet has an owner, click “Proceed to Owner Details.” AT LEAST the name and primary email must be filled out; since the rescue/vet/breeder is already on as a contact and cannot be removed, there is no need to enter the rescue/vet/breeder contact in the secondary - that can be left for the owner!
- Once you submit the owner details, the chip will now show up in your Active stock, and you will no longer be able to edit the information.
- The owner also will receive an email about a Nano being assigned to them, and they will be able to log in at nano.tryfi.com to view and edit their information.
REMINDER: the owner will never be able to remove or edit the rescue/vet/breeder information.