After you have been approved to be a Fi Rescue Collar Partner and have received your first order, you will need to follow specific instructions for your first time set up.
Steps for First Time Setup
When your first order arrives, in addition to your Fi Collar Kit order(s), you should have received an additional Fi Base. Keep the other Fi Base(s) within the collar kit(s) intact.
The additional Fi Base will be your Rescue Fi Base, which you will use to activate your first and any additional Fi Rescue Collars. You will keep this base at the rescue (do not send this base with fosters or adopters). To keep track, you can customize the name of the Fi Base, so it doesn't accidentally get sent with a foster or adopter. See: How Do I Manage My Fi Base(s)? It should be set up in a location that is easy to access in the future.
Using the Rescue Fi Base and a Fi Rescue Collar (from one of the kits you ordered), you'll want to start setup instructions. See: How Do I Set Up My Fi Collar?
- Once you have completed activation, if there is a notification prompting the purchase of a GPS subscription, do not purchase a subscription for any dog still with the rescue/foster. If you receive a GPS subscription notification, Contact Fi Customer Success. Once the dog is adopted, the adopter will set up the Fi Subscription.
- As long as the Rescue Fi Base remains on the rescue account, you can bypass the base activation steps for future dogs. You will add additional dogs by following steps here: How Do I Add Multiple Dogs to My Fi App?
- If you have more than one Fi Rescue Collar, all Fi Base(s) included with the collar kit(s) must stay in the box, inactivated, until ready to be sent with the Fi Rescue Collar when the dog lives with foster parents or the adopter.
What to Do When a Dog Is Going to a Foster Home or Adopted
When a dog is ready to go to a foster or adopter's home, you will need to transfer the collar.
- How Do I Transfer a Fi Rescue Collar to a Foster Parent?
- How Do I Transfer a Fi Rescue Collar to an Adopter?
Optional Next Steps
- Fine tune your alert settings & notifications. See: How Do I Turn On/Off My Notifications & Alerts?
Learn about Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode:
- Learn how to maintain your Fi Collar battery life:
- Review what the Fi App has to offer. See: Fi App Overview
- Learn more about your Fi Base and the best place to set it up. See: Fi Base: How It Works.