REMEMBER: You must have a collar physically with you and be logged into your designated Fi Rescue account in order to set it up properly.
All collars must be activated by the Rescue account prior to being given out to fosters.
- Download the Fi app on iOS or Android and log in with your Fi Rescue account’s associated email. If you are unsure what your Rescue account email is, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Set up your first collar. The app will take you through set up instructions, but you can also follow step by step here: Getting Started: How It Works, Setup, and Connectivity
- TIP: if you have an extra base that is kept at the rescue/dog intake point where collars are activated; this base should always be used to activate Fi collars. The bases that the collars come with should stay in the box and be given with the collar to the foster and adopter un-activated.
- Once the collar is set up, if there is a notification prompting the purchase of a GPS subscription, please email email@example.com. Do not purchase a subscription for any dog that is within the rescue/still in foster.
Now that the first collar is set up, there are a few options for next steps:
- Activate another collar: Adding multiple dogs to the Fi App
- Transfer collars to fosters: Transferring a Collar to a Foster Parent
- Transfer collars to adopters: Transferring a Collar to an Adopter
- Replacing the Fi band: Replacing The Fi Collar Band
- Fine tune your Alert Settings & Notifications
- Learn about Lost Dog Mode
- Learn about charging your Fi collars: Battery Life
- Answering questions about the Fi App: Fi App Settings & Functionality
- Learn about the Fi Base: How It Works