Rescues should always activate and transfer the collar to fosters to ensure proper account set up, and permissions. See: How Do I Transfer a Fi Rescue Collar to a Foster Parent? If a Fi Rescue Collar is given to a foster without being activated, you will not be able to keep track of the dog, and remote tracking will be disabled. Ideally we recommend returning the collar to the rescue for proper setup.
Steps To Correct A Fi Rescue Collar Given Without Proper Set Up
- Have the foster parent set up or activate the Fi Rescue Collar on their personal Fi Account.
- ❗️They must set up the Fi Collar under their own personal log in, using their own email and Fi Account. Do not have them log in to the Fi Rescue Account. Never share your account details with anyone outside the rescue.
- Once the foster has set up the Fi Collar, they must add the Rescue as an owner for the foster dog. See: How Do I Add or Remove a Pet Owner?
- NOTE: owner invitations are completed via phone number. Please make sure the foster has the phone number of the person who manages the Fi App for the rescue, and enters this number for this step.
- Once the Rescue has been added as an owner, the Rescue now has access to transferring and recalling the dog as normal.
- The rescue should email email@example.com to ensure the subscription has been properly set up.