Misplaced your pup's Fi Collar? Locating the collar when it is off your dog is trickier than locating your dog (who can recall, run towards you, bark, etc). However, as long as the collar is online when it is lost, the Fi App can help you track where the collar is.
Steps to Find a Lost Collar
Depending on the collar's connection state, you'll want to take different steps to locate the collar.
- Check the connection state of your collar. See: How Can I See What My Dog’s Fi Collar Is Connected To?
- Once you've identified what your collar is connected to, here is how you can find your collar:
- Connected to Fi Base:
- The collar is either indoors, or very close by, since the connection from collar to Fi Base is via Bluetooth.
- This usually means the collar is within 100 feet of where the Fi Base is located.
- Connected to Blue circle with your initial = Mobile device:
- You are very close to the collar, since the connection from collar to Fi App is via Bluetooth.
- This is usually within 100 feet of where you are located.
- Connected to Wi-Fi:
- The collar is either indoors, or very close by, since the collar can still connect to your Wi-Fi network.
- The location displayed will be the location inputted to the Wi-Fi Network, so we suggest checking indoors and near your home.
- Connected to cell phone bars = GPS/LTE:
- Within the Live Tab, check the location shown on your Live Card.
- The location displayed shows the latest GPS coordinates available.
- We recommend checking within 60 feet of this area.
- Connected to Fi Base:
- We recommend searching in the day and at night.
- If you search at night or in the dark, you can toggle ON the Fi Collar Light. See: How Do I Turn My Fi Light On or Off On My Fi Collar? As you might be able to see the glow of the collar.
- Try searching between couch cushions or anywhere your dog likes to relax if the collar was lost after being removed indoors.
- If your pup is known for taking toys to their bed or favorite location, check there.
Replacing a Lost Collar
If the collar was lost in a location you don't plan to visit again, we can transfer over your dog's Fi GPS/LTE Subscription/Membership.
- Order a new collar from https://shop.tryfi.com/
- Follow instructions to deactivate the old collar and activate the replacement when it arrives. See: How Do I Activate or Deactivate a Fi Collar?