Misplaced your pup's Fi Collar? Locating the collar when it is off your dog is a bit trickier than locating your pup (who can recall, run towards you, bark, etc), but as long as the collar is lost while online, the Fi App can help you track down where the collar is.
How to find a Lost Collar
Depending on the collar's connection state, you'll want to take different steps to locate the collar. Start by checking the connection state:
- Tap "Live" in the bottom left of the Fi App
- Tap into the Live card on the top, to reveal the map
- Tap your pup's photo to reveal the connection state:
- Blue circle with your initial: your pup is connected to your mobile device
- Circle with a blue outline and other letter within: your pup is connected to the mobile device of another owner, their first name initial will be shown.
- Cell phone bars: your pup is connected to LTE
- WiFi bars (Series 2 only): your pup is connected to WiFi
- Fi Base: This means your pup is connected to the base.
Once you've identified the collar's current connection source, you'll want to use that information to start your search:
- Fi Base, the collar is either indoors, or very close by, since the connection from collar to Fi Base is via Bluetooth - this is usually within 100 feet of where the base is located.
- Mobile device, you are very close by, since the connection from collar to Fi App is via Bluetooth - this is usually within 100 feet of where you are located.
- WiFi, the collar is either indoors, or very close by, since the collar can still connect to your network. The location displayed will be the location inputted to the WiFi network, so we suggest checking indoors and near your home.
- LTE, the location being displayed are the latest GPS coordinates available. We recommend checking within 60 feet of this area.
- We recommend searching in the day, and at night- at night, toggle the Fi Collar Light on- you may see the glow of the collar.
- Try searching in between couch cushions or anywhere your dog likes to relax if the collar was lost after being removed indoors. If your pup is known for taking toys to their bed- check there.
Replacing a Lost Collar
If the collar was lost in a location you don't plan to visit again, we can transfer over your dog's Fi GPS/LTE Subscription.