Shelterluv has partnered with Fi to register as many pets as possible, free for life, with a microchip. Fi sells the world's fastest growing and most advanced GPS collar - the Fi. Fi also has a program helping with microchipping pets - the Fi Nano. Fi is committed to helping all pet parents keep their pets safe.
How do I set up a Fi Nano account?
- If you do not currently have a Fi Nano account, set up an account by applying at nano.tryfi.com/apply.
- Next, you must generate an API key. You can find out how to do this by clicking the following link: How do I Generate My API Key?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to finalize your integration!
How do I register a Microchip with Fi Nano?
All you need is an active email and an accurate microchip number to properly register your Fi Nano Microchip. It is not required to fill out any other information but you can fill out other personal information and pet information.
What pet information is needed to properly register the microchip?
None is required but you can fill out the following information:
- Pet Name
- Gender - Sex - Male or Female
- Primary Breed and if needed, Secondary Breed
- Estimated Birthdate
- Weight (located under the "Medical" tab if editing, everything else is under Profile tab)
What personal information is needed to properly register the microchip?
- Do not click "Email Refused" as keeping your personal contact information up to date is crucial. The email registered to the owner's account will be the email used to send any messages from Fi regarding the pet through the secure messaging system; including messages about a lost dog. Therefore, it must be an active email address.
What type of microchips can be registered?
The rescue can opt to have any brand microchip registered with Fi Nano, free for life. Fi will automatically import any existing Fi Nanos from the Shelterluv database into the Fi database for registration. The rescue can let us know if they would like Fi to automatically register - for free - any non Fi Nano microchips that already existed upon integration.
When will my Microchip be registered?
All existing microchips will be backfilled when the integration is set up. After an adoption is processed in Shelterluv, the microchip for that particular adoption will be fully registered.
Will I receive a notification or email when my microchip(s) have been registered?
You will be able to see all of your microchips in your weekly registration email report sent from Fi. You can always check your Fi Nano account under "Manage Chips" at nano.tryfi.com/mange. You will be able to check in on the chips you have in "Stock", chips that are "Active" and chips that need a "Review".
Will microchips that have already been registered duplicate?
If the microchip is already registered, Fi will let you know that it is a duplicate and Fi will notify you on how to move forward.
What should I do if I was given a promotional offer for a box of free Fi Nano Microchips?
If you are a new Shelterluv customer and you received the promo for a box of free chips, send an email to email@example.com stating you are a customer of Shelterluv and would like to redeem the promo.
Please see Shelterluv's Help Center for further questions regarding your account.