If your dog's Fi Collar is connected to your mobile device, see: How Can I See What My Dog’s Fi Collar Is Connected To? and the Bluetooth connection between your dog's collar and Fi App breaks, outside of a Safe Zone, you'll receive a notification indicating your dog is "without an owner."
If you get this alert and your dog is off leash, and they are out of your eye line, we recommend powering on Lost Dog Mode to find your dog and reconnect quickly.
Common Reasons You Receive Alert "Dog Is Without an Owner"
- You may also receive this notification if you step away from your dog.
- For example, many vehicles allow temperature controlled settings for your dog. If you step away while your dog is in the car, and they are not near a mobile connection, this notification will be sent.
- If you are at a dog park or location your frequenlty visit and want to turn these alerts off, see: How Can I Turn Off "My Dog Is Without An Owner" Alerts?
- If you are outside a Safe Zone and force close the Fi App, this will break the Bluetooth connectivity and trigger this alert to be sent.
- If you are outside a Safe Zone and turn off Bluetooth on your mobile device, this will break the Bluetooth connectivity and trigger this alert to be sent.
Depending on your notification settings, you will receive a notification once your mobile device reconnects with your dog's collar. See: What Are Collar Alerts? and scroll down to Safe Zone Alerts.