When you add a base to your Fi App, you'll be automatically prompted to set up the base location and the Safe Zone. See: What is a Safe Zone? When the Fi base is connected to your dog's collar, it will report the static location inputted for the Fi base in the Fi App. This is the best mode for the Fi Collar's battery life and let's you know your dog is close by to where a Fi Base is located.
Since the Fi Base does not have it's own GPS chip to know it's location, the location displayed when a Fi Base is connected to a Fi Collar is static. For example, if your dog is in the front of the house but connected to a Fi Base, the only location displayed will be what is inputted to your Fi Base, which could be the back of the house.
For this same reason, if you move a Fi Base from one location to another (from your home to your office), you will need to re-input its location. Otherwise, it will report whatever the previously inputted location was, at the new location.
Steps to Check and Update Your Fi Base Location
- Open the Fi App.
- Tap your dog's Profile picture in the lower right corner. Once you are in the profile, tap the 3 stacked lines:
- Tap Bases:
- Tap into the base you want to setup a location.
- Tap SET LOCATION:
- Type in the location address or tap the GPS locator, and then tap SAVE:
- Ensure to place the white pin at the exact location where the base is located, as this is the location where it will display your dog in the Live Tab when your Fi Base is connected to your dog's Fi Collar.
- The blue circle indicates where a safe zone will automatically be created if a safe zone does not already exist in this location.