Before you can set up a Fi Collar, you'll need to have at least one Fi Base activated and synced to your account. Each time you add a Fi Base to your account, you'll need to activate and configure each Fi Base independently.
To activate a Fi Base, you must have a smart phone with the Fi App, access to an electrical outlet (the Fi Base requires it is plugged in at all times), and access to Wi-Fi Network.
Base Configuration Failed ❌
If you tried to set up a Fi Base and your Fi App shows base configuration Failed ❌, you'll see an error message:
Steps To Resolve
🔌 When your base is configuring and you get the message Failed, this means your Fi App is scanning for nearby Fi Bases to pair to, but could not find a base.
- Make sure your Fi Base is plugged in and tap Retry:
- 📱If configuration fails after tapping retry, restart your phone and try again.
- 🚦If configuration fails after restarting your phone, make sure your Fi Base is in an area free of Bluetooth traffic. If you are in a room with Bluetooth speakers, headphones, and other Bluetooth enabled devices, try configuring your Fi Base in a different room with less Bluetooth devices.
If the steps above do not resolve the issue, you'll want to ensure your Fi Base can power on. To test this:
- Place your dog’s Fi Collar on the base, it should light up and flash 🔵 or 🟢. If your collar does not flash blue or green, try unplugging and replugging the Fi Base in a different outlet.
- If your collar does not light up while on the base, please Contact Fi Customer Success.
- If you have previously started to set up the Fi Base under a different owner's account, you'll need to complete activation under that account. Complete activation under the account you first started setting up your base. If you do not remember what account you started set up, Contact Fi Customer Success.
- After you complete first time activation, you can add additional owners, see: How Do I Add or Remove a Pet Owner? to manage your dog's account and settings.
- If you are trying to set up a gifted pre-owned Fi Collar, it is likely still associated with the previous owners account. You will need to ask them to unlink the base from their account. To unlink a Fi Base, see: How Do I Unlink A Fi Base From My Account?
- If you are trying to set up a pre-owned Fi Collar, and do not know the previous owner the Fi team cannot unlink a previously owned Fi Collar or Fi Base without a previous owner's permission. The Fi Team cannot contact owners on your behalf.