Once you have adopted a dog from a Fi Rescue Partner, you will need to download the Fi App and set up an account to gain full access to your dog's Fi Collar.
The Rescue will transfer your adopted dog to you through the Fi App. As soon as you set up your account and log in to the Fi App, you should see your dog. You can edit their information if needed. See: How Do I Edit My Dog's Profile? If you do not see your dog in your Fi Account, please contact the rescue where you adopted your dog and ask them to transfer your dog to you. Next, you need to set up a Fi Subscription.
Steps to Set Up a Fi Rescue Collar Subscription
- Login to your Fi Account, or create a Fi Account, see: How Do I Set Up a First Time Foster or Adopter's Fi Account?
- As an adopter, you'll never create a dog's profile. Instead the rescue you worked with will transfer the profile of the dog you've adopted to your account.
- If you do not see a dog profile on your account and are being prompted to create a dog profile, please email the rescue you are working with for further assistance.
- Set up your dog's Fi Subscription: As soon as the Fi Rescue Collar has been transferred to your account in the Fi App, you will need to add a Fi Subscription using the Gift Card you were given from the Rescue. See: How Do I Redeem My Fi Gift Card in the Fi App? Otherwise, you will not have full access to the capabilities of your Fi Collar and will not be able to use Lost Dog Mode.
- Set up the Fi Base, once you have purchased a Fi Subscription, you will need to set up your Fi Base. See: How Do I Add a Fi Base to My Fi App?
- Follow best practices: To get the most out of your dog's Fi Collar, see the following articles: