If you replace your dog's Fi Collar, you can always keep their historical data and profile or set up a new profile.
Prior to starting activation for a replacement collar:
- Ensure you are running the most up-to-date version of the Fi app.
- You can check this in your phone's app store. If there is a newer app version, you will be prompted to update the app.
- Ensure you've deactivated the previous Fi module. Two Fi collars cannot be active at one time for one pet. See: How Do I Deactivate a Fi Collar?. If this is already done, proceed to the proper steps below.
- Please note, you should never deactivate and then activate a Fi Collar as a troubleshooting step. If you need help with your dog's collar, please Contact Fi Customer Success.
Steps to Activate a Replacement Fi Collar and KEEP Previous Dog Profile
- Open the Fi App.
- Tap your dog's profile on the bottom right hand corner.
- If you have more than one dog, see: How Do I Switch Between Multiple Dogs in the Fi App? and tap into the dog's profile that you want to activate a replacement Fi Collar.
- Tap the yellow Activate Collar button:
- Follow the prompts given in the app to activate your collar.
Steps to Activate a Replacement Fi Collar - Create New Dog Profile
If you no longer have use for an older profile, you can delete it. See: How Do I Delete a Pet from the Fi App?
Steps After Activation
Ensure your Fi GPS/LTE Subscription has transferred over. This should happen automatically, although if you login with an account different than the one used for the initial purchase, you may need additional assistance. If the subscription does not auto assign, you'll see a yellow banner prompting you to activate a GPS subscription. If you already have a subscription, please Contact Fi Customer Success, for further assistance.