With the right configuration, your dog's Fi Collar can go months in between charges. Performance will depend on set up, as the condition that most drains the battery is powering on the cellular antenna. The Fi Collar only powers on the cellular antenna when your dog is away from an owner. Below you'll find what performance you can expect from different situations.
Up to 3 Months: At Home And/Or With an Owner: Primarily connected to Fi Base/Fi App/Wi-Fi
- Active When: this operating mode is active when your dog is within range of the Fi base, Wi-Fi OR an Owner's smartphone (+ Fi app installed and running in background)
- Energy Consumption: Minimal
- Battery Life: Up to 3 months
- Location Updates: Every minute
GPS / LTE-M Network Connection: Primarily outdoors away from Fi App/Fi Base/Wi-Fi
- Active When: This operating mode is active when your dog is outside and out of range of the Fi Base, Wi-Fi and away from an owner who has the Fi App installed on their smartphone.
- Energy Consumption: Moderate
- Battery Life: Approximately 1-3 weeks
- Location Updates: Every 5 minutes
Live Tracking in Lost Dog Mode & Original Lost Dog Mode
- Active When: This operating mode is active when you tap the red LOST button in the Fi App. See: How Do I Turn ON/OFF Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode?
- Energy Consumption: High
- Battery Life: Up to 2 days
- Live Tracking in Lost Dog Mode (Series 3): Live updates
- Original Lost Dog Mode: Every minute