Paired with a Fi collar, the Fi app brings you even closer to your dog. View your dogs location and activity levels on the app, and be alerted if they ever escape from a designated safe area. This guide will walk you through functionality and in app settings.
Home: The map that shows your dog's location will be the primary view when you open the Fi app.
In the home screen, you'll see (from top to bottom):
- Settings Menu button, on the top left
- Lost Dog button, on the top right
- How many steps your pup has taken that day, on the center of the screen, if you tap into this, you'll enter the Activity menu
- How many miles they have walked (please note miles are only calculated on walks, not as a total of steps taken, in order for your dog to have any miles displayed, they need to have gone on a walk, away from the safe zone)
- % to daily goal
- Map with your dogs current location, you can zoom in and zoom out by pinching and pulling with two fingers.
- Map button: you can use this to toggle the map setting above, dark mode, light mode or satellite.
- Location tracking button: you can use this to toggle between where your pup is currently and where you are in relation to your pup (if you are apart)
- Activity card: The first card you'll see is where your dog is at the moment and "live", you can swipe right to see previous activities, as you swipe you'll see the location tracking button change to "live" tap live to go back to the beginning. On walk activities you'll see a paper plane button that will allow you to share your walks on Instagram, Facebook and with contacts on your phone.
- Within the activity card you'll see a few different icons:
- Pin point: current location
- Paw print: indicates a walk, this will include the name of the neighborhood or area, step count, length of time, and miles walked. You will see "you" or the name of any owner with whom the walk was taken with, and the collar connected to.
- Sitting dog: This indicates time your dog was within a safe zone, we'll note what safe zone, length of time spent, and steps taken.
- Tennis ball: This indicates a play activity
- Within the activity card you'll see a few different icons:
From the home screen, you can tap into the activity menu by tapping the step count for the day on the center of the screen.
In the activity menu, you'll see (from top to bottom):
- X to exit the activity menu
- Activity Summaries & Fi Rankings: Tap the small black trophy to see weekly, and monthly summaries. This will also unlock your pup's overall rank in the Fi community, and their breed rank. Within ranks, you can toggle by "top" and "my rank"
- Step count for the day, with a meter above, tracking % to goal for the day
- Step goals in blue: you can tap into this to adjust the step goals for your pup.
- Steps walked this week
- Toggle for steps walked by day, week, or month
- Within day, you may see how many steps were taken at any specific time, toggle between the bars and you'll see the icon change with step count for that time
- See Activity Tracking for more on this topic.
From the home screen, you can tap into the settings menu by tapping on the three stacked lines on the left of the screen.
In the setting menu, you'll see (from top to bottom):
- Ability to add an additional pet, to access this, you will simply pull down anywhere from the within the settings menu list, and the option to "Add a dog" will appear
- Your Pup's pet card, you'll see your pups picture, their name, battery life, and how we're currently connected to the collar on the top right of the card:
- Wifi bars: your pup is connected to the Fi base
- Cell phone bars: your pup is connected to LTE
- A blue circle with your initial: your pup is connected to your mobile device
- A circle with a blue outline, and other letter within: your pup is connected to the mobile device of another owner
- A circle with a blue outline, and a ? within: an unknown connection state
- Collar light: Ability to toggle the collar light on and off
- Safe Zones: Tap into safe zones to add, remove or adjust a safe zone. You can add unlimited safe zones. These are areas that your dog is safe within, and you do not need to receive alerts of their activity within. Please keep in mind, when adding safe zones that are located indoors, it is essential to have a way for the collar to communicate it's location. This can be accomplished with an additional base, or simply having someone at the location with the Fi app running installed, and set as an owner. Additionally, see: Safe Zones + Escape Alerts
- Bases: Tap into Bases to see a list of all your bases, and manage their settings. Each base will have a unique serial number listed, and you can change their name to reflect their location, such as "home", "office", each base must have a location set, as when the collar is connected to the base, it will report the location set within here. You can update this by "set location" within the base page. If your base is ever offline, you will receive a red exclamation point, both on the menu button from the home screen of the app, and on the base menu. To resolve this, ensure your base is plugged in and connected to wifi by tapping "update wifi"
- Owners: Add additional owners to you your household by entering their phone number, or "add from contacts", tap invite and they'll receive a text invitation. If you invite someone who already has the Fi app, they'll automatically get added as an owner.
- Account Settings: Tap into Account Settings to update your name, email address, phone number.
- Share Fi: Get Rewards, this will link you to your unique invite code
- System Diagnostics: Tap here to test your Fi system health, from the results page of diagnostic mode, scroll towards the bottom to test GPS & LTE connectivity in your area. To do this, you must be outdoors, and the collar must be connected to your mobile device (you should be with your dog.)
- Help Center: Find answers to your questions and submit a request for assistance
Pet Card Menu:
From the home screen, you can tap into Pet Card Menu, by first tapping on the three stacked lines on the left of the screen to enter the Settings Menu, from here, tap into the Pet Card.
In the Pet Card Menu, you'll see (from top to bottom):
- Your pet's picture & details: You can select a different photo by taping here
- Cogwheel: From here you can update your dog's name, gender, breed, weight, age. Additionally:
- Collar Settings: Invite an owner, subscription details & set the light color for your pup's Fi collar
- Alert Settings: Set how you'd like to know about Escape Alerts, Alert Mode, and Offline alerts. See Safe Zones + Escape Alerts
- Toggle notifications on and off on a granular level for Walks, Safe Zones, Goal Streak, Ranking, and Battery.
- Remove Pet: please note this action cannot be undone
Lost Dog Menu:
From the home screen, you can tap into Lost Dog Menu, on the top right
In the Lost Dog Menu, you'll see (from top to bottom):
- The Setting Menu Icon (three stacked lines): Use this to toggled between pets that are lost
- "X": Use this to exit lost dog mode when you have found your pup. You'll need to verify you have found your dog. It is essential to not toggle this mode on and off in cases where your dog is lost
- Map with your dogs location
- Lost Dog Data Card: Noting the last report we received, how long it has been, how much battery the collar had at this time. If you are connected
- Collar Light: you can toggle this on and off, in lost dog mode, the light will automatically be turned on. If your dog is lost at night time, we recommend keeping this on for added visibility. In the day time, we recommend turning this off, to preserve battery.
- Help line: Give us a call if your dog is currently lost and we can assist. This number must be accessed within the app, and will require you leave a voicemail, we will verify your account by text, and work on finding your dog.
- For more information about this mode, see Lost Dog Mode.