There are several alerts you can choose to receive pertaining to your dog's account. Escape, Lost Dog, Safe Zone and Battery alerts are all created with your dog's safety in mind. Walk and Goal Streak alerts are to keep you up to date with your dog's activities. Below shows a breakdown of each type of alert.
Escape Alerts 🐕 🚨 - You will receive an escape alert when your dog has wandered outside a Safe Zone without an owner. In an ideal world, we would like to know the second our best friend is out of a Safe Zone - and we do our best to achieve just that.
Fi will try to obtain GPS confirmation that your dog has escaped, before sending you a notification. Notifications for escape alerts are sent after two confirmed GPS reports outside of a Safe Zone. The fastest alert possible is 2 minutes, but it may take 2-5 minutes to get an alert depending on the GPS/LTE coverage in your area. See: Testing GPS/LTE & Testing Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode to best understand performance.
List of escape alerts you may receive:
- Your pet's name just left safe zone name - This notifications means two GPS location reports have confirmed your dog is outside the safe zone without an owner. You may want to toggle on Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode to locate your dog. See: How Do I Turn ON/OFF Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode?
- Your pet's name is around location without an owner - This notification means your dog's collar has disconnected from the Bluetooth range when previously connected to an owner's phone, while the pet is not at a safe zone. The address provided will be the location of your dog provided by GPS.
- Your pet's name is not near an owner - This notification means your dog's collar has disconnected from the Bluetooth range when previously connected to an owner's phone, while the pet is not at a safe zone. If your dog is in a location where an address cannot be obtained, you will see this message and can tap the Fi App to obtain the latitude and longitude coordinates of your dog's location.
- Your pet's name is around Address - This notification means your dog's location has been confirmed as outside of a safe zone, without an owner, yet no exit notification was previously sent. You may want to turn on Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode to locate your dog. See: How Do I Turn ON/OFF Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode?
Report a False Escape Alert
If you feel you have received a false escape alert, you can report this issue directly in the Fi App. Our algorithm reviews the reported submissions to help us learn and better diagnose an overall improvement for all users.
Steps to Report a False Escape Alert/Notification
- Open the Fi App.
- Tap the Live Tab:
- Tap the exclamation mark next to the false escape alert you would like to report:
- Tap the option that best describes why this is a false escape alert and then tap Submit. You can tap Other if one of the generated reasons does not describe your issue:
Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode Alerts 🐾 ？🚨: If your dog is lost, you should turn on Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode to locate your dog. See: How Do I Turn ON/OFF Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode? These are the types of alerts you will receive:
Live Tracking/Lost Dog Mode alerts are:
- Your pet's name was located at address or coordinate points - open the app for their exact location
Battery Alert 🔋 - this notification is sent to remind you to charge your Fi collar. This includes:
Recharge Reminder: at 5pm daily, if your fi collar battery is below 5% you'll get a reminder to recharge it. In addition, you'll receive reminders whenever your dog's FI Collar collar gets to 20% & 5% charge left.
- You will receive a push notification and email- you can unsubscribe from the email, and continue to receive push notifications. See: How Do I Unsubscribe From Fi Emails?
Recharge reminder alerts are:
- At 5% battery: Your pet's name's Fi collar is at battery % battery - time for a recharge!
- At 20% battery: Your pet's name's Fi collar is at battery % battery. You have plenty to go but we thought we'd let you know!
- Daily notification sent if battery is less than 5%: Your pet's name's Fi Collar is very low on battery - place it on the Fi Base for 2 hours to keep your pet's pronoun safe!
- In order to preserve battery life: Your pet's name's collar LED was turned off. You can re-enable it in the Fi app
Charged Reminder: at 5pm daily, if your collar is sitting on the charging base fully charged you'll get a reminder to take it off and put it on your dog.
- Charged reminder alerts are: Your pet's name's collar is fully charged! Take it off the Fi Base and put it back on your pet name to keep your pet's pronoun safe.
Safe Zone Alerts 🐶🏡❤️ - select if you'd like to receive push alerts when your dog enters a safe zone, or once your dog's collar has connected to an owner after an escape. Alerts are sent to all owners on the account whose phone did not connect to the collar following an escape.
Safe zone alerts are:
- Your pet's name is now with name of owner
- Your pet's name is now at safe zone name
Walk Alerts 🦮🚶🏽♀️- this notification is sent when your dog goes on a walk with an owner.
Walk alerts are:
- Your pet's name just left safe zone name with name of owner
End of Walk Alert 🐾 🔢 - this notification is sent at the end of a walk to let you know how many steps your dog has taken and how many are remaining toward their daily goal. This occurs when your pet is either inactive for 5 minutes, or when they return into a safe zone.
End of walk alerts are:
- Your pet's name finished a walk with # of steps! # of steps to hit goal steps to go to their pronoun goal for the day!
- Wow! Your pet's name is killing it today. # of steps total!
- Congrats! Your pet's name just hit his step goal for the day with # of steps!
Goal Streak Alert 🐩 🏆- this notification is sent when your dog hits their daily step goal multiple days in a row. These notifications are sent daily at 9 pm local time.
Goal streak alerts are:
- That's # of days in a row that pet's name met pet's pronoun daily step goal. Keep it up!