Your dog's Fi Collar has a built-in-LED light that can be customized to your pup's favorite color for added visibility in low light situations. It can be turned ON/OFF from the Fi App. To change the color of the light, see: How Do I Change My Fi Light on My Fi Collar?
Please note that the Fi Light is designed to flash instead of staying on at all times, and will turn off automatically after 30 minutes to preserve battery life. There may be a delay when you turn your light on. See below information regarding Light Connection Time.
Steps to Turn the Fi Light ON/OFF
- Open the Fi App.
- Tap the Live Tab to get to the Fi Light icon. Tap the Fi Light icon to turn off and turn back on:
- When the Fi Light is OFF, your app will show the Fi Light icon as solid gray.
- When you switch your Fi Light from ON to OFF, you will see a brief notification saying Collar Light Off.
- When the Fi Light is ON, your app will show the Fi Light icon with the color you have chosen and pulse.
- When you switch your Fi Light from OFF to ON, you will see a brief notification saying Collar Light On.
Light Connection Time
Depending on your Fi Collar connection, it will turn ON/OFF at different speeds.
To understand your Fi Collar connection, see: How Can I See What My Dog’s Fi Collar Is Connected To?
See below for how long it will take for a light to turn on based on the connection.
Fi Base: your pup is connected to the Fi Base = your Fi Light will turn on after 1 minute:
Wi-Fi: your pup is connected to the Wi-Fi = your Fi Light will turn on after 1 minute:
Blue circle with your initial (or blue circle with a different owner's initial ): your pup is connected to your mobile device = your Fi Light will turn on immediately:
Cell phone bars: your pup is connected to GPS/LTE = your Fi Light will turn on the next time we are able to connect to the collar: