If your pup spends time with a dog walker or caretaker, you can grant limited access to your dog's Fi account by assigning Dog Walker privileges within the Fi App. This will allow your pup's Fi Collar to pair to their mobile device, which will:
- Provide more accurate walk notifications (i.e. Dog is on walk with DOGWALKER instead of Dog is at XYZ address without an owner)
- Provide more accurate location reports.
- Preserve battery.
For members of your household, or additional pet parents, we recommend How Do I Add or Remove a Pet Owner? instead of granting them Dog Walker access.
To add or remove a Dog Walker, see: How Do I Add or Remove a Dog Walker?
Dog Walker Access and Privacy Mode
Once you have toggled ON Dog Walker Privacy Mode, see: How Do I Turn ON/OFF Dog Walker Privacy Mode?, there are two permission levels of Dog Walker access. Fi automatically sets the default access for Dog Walkers, but you can toggle ON Dog Walker Privacy Mode to further limit access to your account.
By default, a dog walker can access:
App Tabs with minimal access:
- Live Tab (map access only, unless Dog Walker Privacy Mode is ON. See below.)
- Like ♡ any dog's photo.
- Comment on any dog's photo.
- Rank Tab
- Activity Tab
Profile Tab - Partial Access
Your pet's profile, including the pictures posted.
- They can upload pictures from their phone of your pup to be shared on your profile.
- They can link their Instagram account to your profile, but an owner is the only person who can unlink their Instagram.
- Your pet's profile, including the pictures posted.
From the pet profile, they can access the menu (by tapping the three stacked lines on the top right), and will have access to:
- Collars (limited functionality)
- Wi-Fi Networks (limited functionality, can add/edit, but not delete)
- Account Settings they will only see and be able to update their user details
- Share Fi
- Help Center
- Sign Out
- Here is an example of the Dog Walker view:
- From the pet profile, they can access the menu (by tapping the three stacked lines on the top right), and will have access to: