With Fi, you can track your pup’s activity no matter where they are. Since we all love a little friendly competition, you can also track and compare your pup’s activity within their breed, city, state, and the overall Fi Pack community.
To view your pup’s stats:
Open the Fi App
On this page, you'll see all the "Packs" your pup is a part of. The default Packs include All Fi Dogs, your pup's breed*, your city*, and your state.
- All Fi Dogs Rank is your pup’s ranking amongst every pup within the Fi Community
- Breed Rank is your pup's ranking within their specific breed* (Breed rankings are only available when there are enough dogs in the breed category )
- City Rank is your pup's ranking amongst the Fi Pack in your home city* (if available)
- State Rank is your pup's ranking amongst the Fi Pack in your home state
Each ranking is further broken down into four categories: All, Puppies, Adults, and Seniors. Your pup is automatically placed into All, and one of the age-related categories based on their birthday in the Fi App with the following breakdown:
- Puppies - 0-3 Years
- Adults - 3-10 Years
- Seniors - 10+ Years
To view other pup’s stats:
You'll automatically see where your dog stands in each Ranking group. If you want to view the "Top" dogs for any ranking, just tap the black arrow on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. To go back to your dog's ranking, tap the arrow again.
Want to see where a dog you follow stands in their Rankings? Simply tap into their profile, and tap "Rankings" (next to the "Photos") to view their Rankings.
Joining / Leaving Regional Rankings:
Dogs have the ability to join and leave regional (city and state) rankings, if you have a favorite vacation spot, or if you visit family in another state and would like to see how your pup compares to the ones in those locations, you can join that pack.
To join a ranking:
- Open the Fi App
- Tap on Rank
- Tap on the "+" button in the top left corner
- Tap on "Region"
- Use the search bar to type in the city or state you are looking for
- Tap "Join" (note: if you join a new pack, you won't know where your pup stands in the ranking until the following day)
To leave a ranking:
- Open the Fi App
- Tap on Rank
- Tap on the regional ranking you wish to leave (note: you cannot leave "All Fi Dogs" or your dog's breed ranking)
- Tap on the "exit" icon on the top right of the screen
- Tap "Leave Ranking" to confirm
All rankings (overall, breed, city, and state) are based on the past 28 days of activity, and rankings are updated daily at 9 AM EST.
Seeing your pup’s rankings falling? This can happen for two reasons:
- You are new to the Fi community- during your first 28 days, steps were only being accumulated, and as such, your pup’s rank was likely only climbing as they got more steps.
The ranking is a measure based on the most recent 28 days- once you have been part of Fi for more than 28 days, this number can go up or down, depending on activity.
- We all have a down day- and this will impact ranking. It’s normal to see a fluctuation in rank if during those 28 days, your pup had a few days or a week of lesser activity or steps. The ranking and step is a calculation of the total steps during that 28 day period.
The competition is real- Fido may be hitting their goal consistently- but they can move down in ranks if other pups start taking more steps. Don’t worry, we’re here to help! You can also track how many steps behind you are behind the leaders in each section. In both Breed and Overall Rank:
- You’ll always see the steps for any pup you are competing with, directly below their name
- You’ll see your pup’s exact ranking number, compared to other pups, within the Fi Breed or Location ranking group you have put them in
- Within the "All Fi Dogs" ranking category, you will see your pup’s exact ranking as a number if they are ranked in the top 1,000 pups. If they are not in the top 1,000 this will show as percentage instead of an exact number.
- On Sundays, you’ll see a Fi Ranking update on the Fi Feed, this will include specific Breed and Overall Ranking numbers.
How are Fi Ranks different from Activity, Step Goals and Streaks?
The Activity menu will help you track your pup’s individual performance against the step goals you’ve set within the Fi App. See: Activity Tracking.
Generally speaking, you can expect to see these numbers to climb day over day within a given week, or month. The totals will reset at the end of the day, week, or month. This is different from Fi Rank which will change day over day, to encapsulate 28 days of activity.
The Activity menu will also track miles, which are not included as part of Fi Rank.
Hot Streaks will show the current and longest record for the number of days in a row that your pup has exceeded their step goal.
Here’s a pro-tip:
Have your eye’s set on a specific goal? Once you know how many steps you want to hit, (1 million perhaps) divide that by 28 to set a custom goal in the Activity menu. To do this:
In the bar on the lower portion of the app, you should see three bars:
Tap that icon and then select "Edit Goal". Note, you can only set goals by increments of 500, so for a 1 million step goal within the Fi Ranks, you’ll need to set a goal of 36,000 steps a day.