The Fi Base requires Wi-Fi to function, and Fi Collars can connect to Wi-Fi to improve performance and battery life in locations where you cannot bring a Fi Base. Having a stable Wi-Fi connection when your dog is indoors improves overall performance and saves Fi Collar battery life for when you need it.
Your Series 3 Fi Base has an indicator light. It will show a static yellow light 🟡 if the base does not have Wi-Fi connectivity. If you need help with your Fi Base connecting to Wi-Fi, see:
- Troubleshooting: Your Fi Charging Base Appears to be Offline
- Troubleshooting: Fi Base Connection Timeout
❓Wi-Fi Network Not Showing Up
If your Wi-Fi Network does not appear when trying to update or add your network in the Fi App:
- Ensure the 2.4GHz option of the Wi-Fi router is enabled. The Fi Base and Fi Collar only connect to 2.4GH Wi-Fi networks. You can refer to your Wi-Fi router manufacturer documentation or Wi-Fi router manufacturer's online support center for this info if needed.
- Restart the router.
- Try to cancel / reopen the Wi-Fi selection screen.
- Move your base to a location with better Wi-Fi coverage.
- Please make sure there is a clear line of sight between you, your Fi Base, and the router.
- Your dog's collar can connect with up to 6 networks simultaneously. If you already have 6 networks stored in your Fi App, remove one to add a new network. See: How Do I Add or Remove Wi-Fi Networks?
***Series 1 Fi Collars cannot connect to Wi-Fi.