With an active subscription, the Fi collar uses AT&T's LTE-M cellular network and acts as its own cellular device.
Prior to purchase, we recommend first checking to make sure there is LTE-M coverage around your home or in any other area where your dog may spend time.
Note: Your smartphone can be on any cellular network - it does not need to be on AT&T for the Fi collar to function.
Note: Without a subscription, AT&T LTE-M network connectivity and 'Lost Dog Mode' are not available. In order to purchase a subscription post-purchase of your dog's Fi collar, contact Fi support via our request form.
To Check Coverage in Your Area:
- Visit AT&T's Coverage Viewer
- Enter your address or zip code in the search bar.
- Under "Wireless Coverage Type", select "Data"
- Under "View Coverage by Device Type," select "4G - LTE"
- Note: LTE-M reaches on average 20-30% further than 4G